Monday 20 July 2015

Fun in the oven

I've run out of sewing steam a little bit recently.  Since completing the triangle quilt, I've not quite managed to get back into the other large projects I had on the go.

These mainly consisted of two wedding quilts for dear pals who got married at the end of June and the beginning of July.  Despite having thought about it for months, one of them is still half done and the other isn't even started!  I just couldn't seem to get into it and then between hen parties and weddings, I just ran out of time and had to admit they were not going to happen for the big days.

I wanted to give them something though, and in my family we've a thing about oven gloves and hen parties.  I bought some Warm Company insulated batting years ago with the intention of making oven gloves at some point, so this seemed the perfect opportunity to have a go!






I used this tutorial from We All Sew.




These were really simple to make and made great presents.  Much as I loved gifting a large quilt, sometimes it is nice to just finish something quickly.

Anyone got any quick pattern recommendations for "instant gratification" sewing?

No comments:

Post a Comment