Monday 10 February 2014

The Little Blogs Quilt Bee

Last week I was carrying out my usual routine of looking at pictures on Instagram, while walking to work at a slower pace than I should because I'm buried in my phone.

I happened across a proposal (via Claire) to put together a quilting bee for bloggers who had participated in Lily's Quilts Small Blog Meet.  I hadn't even managed to link up with the February post, but I've participated in the past so carried on reading.

Lou of I'm Studio Lou was rounding up bloggers who had never been in a quilting bee and whose blog had less that fifty followers.  That's me, thought I, and quickly signed up (while crossing a road and avoiding on-coming traffic).


I was joined in this exciting endeavour by:
Now we're on a roll!  Months have been assigned, rules have been decided, and blocks are already underway!

I'm really looking forward to participating in the bee, and to making lots of lovely quilts with some extremely talented people.

I'm sure I'm going to learn a lot and progress my sewing skills by making blocks I wouldn't have considered making.  I've already learned something new about quilty blogging in fact, because I defeated the internet and made a button:


Here's to a happy year of sewing and new quilting buddies!



6 comments:

  1. I am part of two bees this year and they are a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm part of this and am looking forward to making a start xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun! I joined my first bee last year and it's a great way of getting to know people and learning lots of new skills :) Looking forward to seeing all your blocks x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds fabulous, you will all have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's going to br super fun but have I missed an email along the way?

    ReplyDelete