Wednesday 29 January 2014

Sister's Choice 3

I've been cookin' with gas this week and storming through my Sister's Choice quilt.

I finished cutting all the charm squares:


The top has been laid out and I've already started sewing it all together.  I decided against any form of pattern, favouring chaos theory and letting all these lovely fabrics I have collected shine through.




See the blue gingham pencil case?  I made that in sewing club when I was about 9 or 10, the first time I called sewing a hobby.  I'm so glad I've taken it up again!

Linking up with Work in Progress Wednesday and Lee at Freshly Pieced:

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


2014 Pantone Quilt Challenge: Radiant Orchid


7 comments:

  1. So sweet to have such a treasure - I have nothing left from my first sewing things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you cranking this out! What a neat story about the gingham pencil case:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good!! Loving the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love patchwork! These colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your colors! And so cool how you came back to sewing. ;). My mom taught me when I was young, but I didn't get into it till I was in college and worked in my school theatre's costume shop. Now I quilt (when I can). Also wanted to stop by from Lee's Work In Progress Wednesday and say, I love your blog name!!! SEW cute!
    - Katelyn @ Sing While Crafting

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I said this on Instagram but those fabrics are lush. Can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete