Wednesday 29 January 2014

Lovely Year of EVERYTHING!

2014 is going to be a biggie for me.  Now this is a sewing blog, not a wedding blog, but since my impending BIG DAY is starting to take over the sewing a little bit, the two shall meet.

As promised in my original post for my January goals, I wanted to start the bunting for my wedding decorations.  My goal was to make at least five triangles.

Well, I smashed that goal!




These were just the initial experiment ....bunts (what is the right name for the triangles on bunting?) but they turned out well.

I LOVE this fabric and am really looking forward to making hundreds more triangles.  I think I will unpick them after the big day and make a quilt for us.

So, I think the bar was set too low this month, but it does feel nice to achieve what I set out to achieve for a change!

Linking up with Melissa for a Lovely Year of Finishes

My Button

And Kelly for Needle and Thread Thursday

My Quilt Infatuation

6 comments:

  1. That there is the funkiest wedding bunting I ever did see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if those are wedding decorations, then I want to come to your super cool wedding! these rock! and making a quilt from them afterward is a great idea!

    Thanks so much for linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so fun! I can only imagine how cute your wedding is going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome bunts. But, why pick them apart, just sew them down onto a big piece or pieced fabric.They look like dresden plate spokes. and glad you are enjoying the anticipation, it just might be the bigger part of the fun...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bunts! I've always called them flags but bunts they are from now on. I think the idea to turn them into a quilt is brilliant! I'll be one of your fellow Little Blog bee-ers so I look forward to seeing more of your work (and bunts!) in the coming months x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so good! So cool to see some bunting that's not floral! And the quilt idea is fab!

    ReplyDelete