Friday 10 January 2014

Finish-A-Long 2014 (or how to get the DONE! done....)

Towards the end of last year I started to let all sorts of other things get in the way of my personal projects - quilting, crocheting and planning the wedding.

So, to ensure I stay on track with having fun in 2014, I'm going to air all my personal quilting goals in public so I am not the only person holding me to account!  Enter stage right, the Finish-Along 2014 hosted by Katy of the Littlest Thistle and Lovely Year of Finishes (already mentioned in this post).

Firstly, I am going to make a quilt for my sister using purple and grey fabrics.  This has to be a quarter one finish as it will be a gift to her for being a bridesmaid at aforementioned wedding, which is rather scarily taking place in April.  As I will be using a mixture of appropriate fabrics this quilt will also be my entry in the 2014 Pantone Quilt Challenge.

Here are some of the lovely fabrics I will be using, recently purchased from M is for Make (where coincidentally there is a cracking sale taking place - grab your Christmas money and go!).

Raindrops in White

From the Uno by Stof

Type keys in gray

From Just My Type by Patty Young 

Floating Axes in Raspberry

From the Uno by Stof.

Pearl Bracelets - Grape Jelly

And finally! Some Pearl Bracelets for my stash - this is grape jelly.

Now all I need to do is decide on a pattern/block.  I need something which looks very complicated, but is very easy, and will look good with a real mix of solids, low volume and busy fabrics in purple, grey, and pink.  Any suggestions quilty bloggers?

Finish Along 2014

2014 Pantone Quilt Challenge: Radiant Orchid


4 comments:

  1. Oh my, what fantastic fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snap! I too am planning to make a quilt for my sister as a gift, and am going for modern, bold fabrics too! Hope we get these done for our sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the shortest list ever, good luck :oD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely fabrics, the Scrappy Trip Around the World block looks difficult but sews up really quickly might be worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete